The Station was built in 1898 when the railway line was extended from Kalgoorlie to Menzies. The Council had applied to the Government for a grant of 1000 pounds towards the celebration of the opening of the railway, but this request was refused. One train bearing city guests and visitors arrived at 1pm and the official train, 270 yards in length carrying the Governer of WA, the Premier Sir John Forrest and an official government party came an hour later. As a result of the coming of the railway, the Menzies forwarding trade flourished.
Westrail stopped using the station in 1974, but it was renovated by a mining company in 1987 and is now used as their quarters and administration office.